Moixa is a high-growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare - the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
The Moixa team is growing fast and we are looking for a Finance Assistant to work alongside our Finance Team and the rest of our passionate teams based in London and Manchester.
The Finance Assistant will work closely with the Finance Manager. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to join the business at an exciting time as this role will have the potential to grow further along with the business. It will be a crucial role in supporting the senior management team during this time of expansion.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, hands-on and multi-skilled individual who is seeking a fulfilling and rewarding role. You will enjoy new technology, working on the latest financial systems and are most comfortable when you are adapting and innovating.
● Code and enter all AP invoices into Bill.com/Stampli/NetSuite on a daily basis.
● Matches invoices received to purchase order and receiving documentation.
● Review and verify the accuracy of invoice information and price extension, including financial coding and departments to ensure expenses are recorded accurately.
● Apply proper use tax accruals and partial use tax exemption to vendor bills
● Payment processing including BACS, ACH and intercompany.
● Monitor 2-way/3-way matching Invoices with Purchase Orders and Goods Received and resolve errors quickly.
●Communicate with vendors externally, and team members, buyers, shipping/receiving internally regarding billing inquiries, issues and resolve discrepancies.
● Assist with processing weekly payment runs and ensure no late invoice payments.
● Manage and monitor the Accounting alias email inbox throughout the day to ensure timely processing of invoices with timely responses to vendors.
● Facilitate the set-up process for new vendors and organize and store all new vendor forms and vendor master files.
● Review company credit card statements, collect all receipts and process in Stampli and NetSuite.
● Review employee expense reports and process in Expensify.
● Gather contractor and third-party information for month-end AP accruals.
● Coordinate with other departments to resolve purchase order, invoice and payment process-related issues.
● Prepare all Customer Invoices according to contracts and sales orders
● Creation and coding of customer sales invoices
● Collect customer payments on a timely basis
● Supports external audit requests by providing account analyses and support for selections related to Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
● Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation
● Help with systems implementation and improving processes
● Other ad hoc projects as required
Your key skills:
● Excellent communication skills
● Ability to form internal and external relationships
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently
● Exceptional attention to detail
● Ability to problem solve effectively
● Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world
● Ability to adapt through ambiguity whilst learning and progressing in the process.
Your ideal experience:
● Experience in gathering selections for year-end audits (desirable)
● Experience of working as part of a finance and accounting team
● Ability to work on your own initiative
● Confident, passionate and energetic
● Excellent organisation and time management skills
● Previous experience with NetSuite and Stampli (desirable)
● Previous exposure to US GAAP (Desirable)
● Exposure within a start/scale-up business is desirable
● SaaS background is beneficial
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Private Medical Insurance scheme through BUPA (medical history disregarded)
- A wellbeing and lifestyle benefits plan through Medicash
- Enhanced Pension contributions: employer contributions matching 5%
- A budget for work-related training of £1,000 per financial year and an allowance of 4 training days
- Cycle To Work scheme and Workplace Nursery benefit
- £200 upon joining for remote work set-up
- Access to Spill - Mental Health Support platform
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement + 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexible start and finish times, hybrid working
Duration: Full time
Location: This role is hybrid (office and home working). You will work from the office in Liverpool Street, London for a few days a week.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We would like to actively encourage applications from those who identify with less represented and minority groups.