Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare - the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
The Moixa team is growing fast and we are looking for an Accounting Manager to work alongside our Finance Team and the rest of our passionate teams based in London and Manchester.
The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Head of Accounting & Corporate Controller to grow the business. This role is incredibly comprehensive and requires someone who is happy to be involved in all elements of Finance including the hands-on build-up of processes and systems as well as the commercial business partnering.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Finance and Accounting professional to join the business at an exciting time as this role will have the potential to grow further along with the business. It will be a crucial role in supporting the senior management team during this time of expansion.
The successful candidate will be a highly organised, hands on and multi skilled individual who is seeking a fulfilling and rewarding role. You will enjoy new technology, working on the latest financial systems and are most comfortable when you are adapting and innovating.
- Assist the Head of Accounting & Corporate Controller to deliver a smooth, efficient and productive Month End Close for all three UK Entities.
- Support Revenue Recognition and Cost of Goods Sold functions and ensure all revenue and COGS strings are accrued and reconciled at month end.
- Full responsibility of intercompany balances, reconciliation and reporting at month end.
- Responsible for General Ledger including proper recording of all journal entries
- Preparation of all balance sheet account reconciliations and roll-forward schedules including Bank reconciliations, Prepaids, Inventory, Fixed Assets, Depreciation, Accruals, Lease Accounting, Accruals and Other Liabilities
- Manage Billing and Account Receivable activities and responsible for Aged Debtors management and reporting.
- Maintain and balance subaccounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions, resolving discrepancies
- Maintain a compliance calendar for all external reporting requirements and execute on those deliverables including, but not limited to tax and income tax filings
- Supports external audit requests by providing account analyses and support for selections
- Identify opportunities for process improvements or automation
- Help with systems implementation and improving processes
- Other ad hoc projects as required
Your key skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to form internal and external relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve effectively
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world
- Ability to adapt through ambiguity whilst learning and progressing in the process.
Your ideal experience:
- A qualified Accountant (e.g. CIMA, CFA, ACA, ACCA etc.) with at least 3-5 years’ PQE
- Experience in year-end audits
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Confident, passionate, and energetic
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Previous experience with NetSuite and Stampli (desirable)
- Previous exposure to US GAAP (Desirable)
- Exposure within a start/scale up business desirable
- SaaS background is beneficial
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Private Medical Insurance scheme through BUPA (medical history disregarded)
- A wellbeing and lifestyle benefits plan through Medicash
- Enhanced Pension contributions: employer contributions matching 5%
- A budget for work-related training of £1,000 per financial year and an allowance of 4 training days
- Cycle To Work scheme and Workplace Nursery benefit
- £200 upon joining for remote work set-up
- Access to Spill - Mental Health Support platform
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement + 8 Bank Holidays
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
Location: This role is hybrid (office and home working). You will work from the office in Liverpool Street, London for a few days a week.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We would like to actively encourage applications from those who identify with less represented and minority groups