Moixa is a high-growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures, and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare - the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
The Moixa team is growing fast and we are looking for an Accounting Manager to work alongside our Finance Team and the rest of our passionate teams based in London and Manchester.
The Accounting Manager will work closely with the Head of Finance to grow the business. This role is incredibly comprehensive and requires someone who is happy to be involved in all elements of Finance including the hands-on build-up of processes and systems as well as the commercial business partnering.
This is a unique opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to join the business at an exciting time as this role will have the potential to grow further along with the business. It will be a crucial role in supporting the senior management team during this time of expansion. The successful candidate will be a highly organised, hands-on, and multi-skilled individual who is seeking a fulfilling and rewarding role. You will enjoy new technology, working on the latest financial systems, and are most comfortable when you are adapting and innovating.
- Assist the Head of Finance to deliver a smooth, efficient and productive running of the Group.
- Manage Billing and Account Receivable activities and responsible for Aged Debtors management and reporting.
- Support Revenue Recognition function and ensure all revenue strings are accrued and reconciled at month-end.
- Support the treasury governance framework, continuously assessing performance, implementing new processes, and building controls. Manage the Bank Reconciliation process and advanced cash flow modeling to optimise liquidity.
- Full responsibility of Intercompany balances, reconciliation, and reporting at month-end.
- Own the resource allocation function being the internal champion for everything related to time recording. Develop and maintain the guide and support each team on implementing it.
- Manage the preparation of ad hoc sales, WIP, and accrued reports as requested.
- Prepare the required documentation for annual audits.
- Formally document all financial operational procedures.
- Maintain infrastructure of internal controls.
- Review current processes and propose changes.
Your key skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to form internal and external relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities efficiently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve effectively
- Excited about being part of a fast-growing company that’s trying to make a positive mark on the world
- Ability to adapt through ambiguity whilst learning and progressing in the process.
Your ideal experience:
- A qualified Accountant (e.g. CIMA, CFA, ACA, ACCA, etc.) with at least 3-5 years’ PQE
- Experience in year-end audits
- Ability to work on your own initiative
- Confident, passionate, and energetic
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Previous experience with Xero and NetSuite (Desirable)
- Previous exposure to US GAAP (Desirable)
- Exposure within a start/scale-up business is desirable
- SaaS background is beneficial
Joining us gives you:
- Salary up to £58,000 per Annum and Stock Options;
- Private Medical Insurance scheme through BUPA (medical history disregarded);
- A wellbeing and lifestyle benefits plan through Medicash
- 5% employer contributions pension matching
- A budget for work related training of £1,000 per financial year and an allowance of 4 training days
- Cycle To Work scheme and Workplace Nursery benefit
- £200 upon joining for remote work set-up
- Access to Spill - Mental Health Support platform
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement + 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexible start and finish times, fully remote working or hybrid depending on preferences
Location: Post-covid restrictions, this role can be fully remote from within the UK, partially remote (you will be able to attend the office in London - Farringdon or Manchester for the chosen amount of days a week), or office-based.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.