Moixa is a high growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart energy company.
Moixa invents, manufactures and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare - a software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology by participating on a Virtual Power Plant composed by tens of thousands of homes.
The company is expanding significantly as part of a project that is currently in stealth mode.
We are looking for a Senior Platform Security Engineer to join a team of talented engineers to deliver a more sustainable future. You will be one of the initial members of a newly founded team focused on end-to-end platform reliability, security and internal tooling, and as such you will have the opportunity to strongly influence and contribute to its future.
You will be supported to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. We have a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to satisfy business requirements.
- BSc, MSc in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years experience in platform engineering/DevOps/SecOps
- Experience in application penetration testing/ethical hacking and vulnerability assessments
- Experience with AWS
- Good understanding of networking and network security
- Good knowledge in one or more scripting programming languages (Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
Good to have:
- Experience with serverless technologies
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- Interest in the IoT and renewable energy industry
You should be:
- Happy working in a small, fast moving team, in which your initiative and contributions can have a big impact
- Motivated and enthusiastic, open to learn new things
- Self-starter, managing your own workload and deadlines, and taking personal responsibility
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- Private Medical Insurance scheme through BUPA (medical history disregarded);
- A wellbeing and lifestyle benefits plan through Medicash
- 5% employer contributions pension matching
- A budget for work related training of £1,000 per financial year and an allowance of 4 training days
- Cycle To Work scheme and Workplace Nursery benefit
- £200 upon joining for remote work set-up
- Access to Spill - Mental Health Support platform
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- 25 days annual holiday entitlement + 8 Bank Holidays
- Flexible start and finish times, fully remote working or hybrid depending on preferences
Location: Fully remote inside GMT+-2 time zones, but feel free to come to our office in Farringdon, London (UK), as often as you like.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.