Moixa is a high-growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart energy company.
Moixa invents, builds and brings to market smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare - a software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy in their homes and on the grid. GridShare unlocks the ability of groups of tens of thousands of home batteries and electric vehicles to deliver the grid flexibility needed to enable the grid to efficiently utilise the increasing proportion of energy from renewables. Moixa is currently delivering in the USA, UK and Japan.
The company is expanding significantly as part of a project that is currently in stealth mode.
We are looking for a Technical Team Lead to join a team of talented developers and data scientists to deliver a more sustainable future. We are building the best products of their kind in the market and for that reason, we are assembling a world-class team. In this role your responsibilities will be:
- Lead a team of developers, providing direction and clarity in order to achieve your shared goals
- Provide line management for the team
- Provide technical guidance to the team and participate in software development
- Work closely with principal developers to define the software architecture
- Work closely with product managers to define product requirements
- Be accountable for the team’s health, deliverables and software quality
You will be supported to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. Our team has a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to satisfy business requirements.
- BSc, MSc in a technical field or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 7 years experience in software development
- A minimum of 3 years experience in team leadership
- Good knowledge of cloud computing
- Good knowledge of user interface development
Good to have:
- Experience with Functional Programming or interest in the paradigm
- Experience in AWS using Serverless technologies
- Data Science and ML experience
- Embedded Linux experience
- Interest in the renewable energy sector or IoT
You should be:
- Happy working in a small, fast-moving team, in which your initiative and contributions can have a big impact
- Motivated and enthusiastic, open to learning new things
- Self-starter, managing your own workload and deadlines and taking personal responsibility
- Prepared to produce the best possible end product and codebase
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- 33 days holiday (including 8 bank holidays)
- Private Health Insurance with Bupa
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Access to Spill, Employee Mental Health Support platform
Location: This role can be fully remote from within the UK, partially remote (you will be able to attend the office in London - Farringdon or Manchester for the chosen amount of days a week), or office-based.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.