Moixa is a high-growth venture and energy industry innovator which has established itself as the UK’s leading residential smart battery storage company.
Moixa invents, manufactures, and distributes smart energy technology including the Moixa Smart Battery range and Moixa GridShare - the battery asset management software platform that enables end customers to maximise the usage of renewable energy and unlock mass adoption of EV technology.
The Moixa team is growing fast and we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our small, focused, and collaborative team of talented Developers and Data Scientists; to build features that help the company to succeed in its mission to deliver a more sustainable future.
You will be supported to work and grow your knowledge on multiple parts of the stack according to your personal interests and abilities. Our team has a strong tradition of using functional programming and type systems to build pragmatic and flexible systems to satisfy business requirements.
- Solving complex optimisation problems, using machine learning and other often bespoke algorithms.
- Big data analysis to identify patterns on extensive datasets.
- Real-time data pipelines, including trading systems.
- Disseminating and presenting analysis to both technical and non-technical audiences across the business and to our partners.
Your key skills:
- MSc or Ph.D. in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience implementing machine learning and deep learning solutions to real business problems.
- Experience building, deploying and maintaining end-to-end large-scale data pipelines and machine learning workflows in a production environment.
- Experience working on projects involving full-cycle product development, from research and conception through to architecting and implementation into production.
- Advanced knowledge of Python and its machine learning frameworks (e.g. Sklearn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, etc).
Your ideal experience:
- Experience with Time Series forecasting.
- Experience or interest in Functional Programming and strongly typed languages such as Typescript, Haskell, etc.
- Experience using relational and non-relational databases such as ElasticSearch or DynamoDB for big data.
- Experience or interest in general backend software development.
- Familiarity with AWS tools and serverless computing.
- Interest in the renewable energy sector or IoT.
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-moving team, in which your initiative and contributions can have a big impact.
- Motivated and enthusiastic, open to learning new things.
- Self-starter, ability to manage your own workload and deadlines.
Joining us gives you:
- Competitive salary and stock options package
- 33 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (UK only)
- Private Health Insurance (in the UK with Bupa)
- Enhanced Maternity + Paternity Pay (the UK only)
- £1000 budget + 4 days paid time for your own learning and development
- £1000 bonus for referring a new hire
- Enhanced sickness pay
- Access to Spill, Employee Mental Health Support platform
Salary: 60-75k GBP p.a. depending on experience + Equity
Location: Post-covid restrictions, this role can be fully remote from within Europe in GMT +-2, partially remote (you will be able to attend the office in London - Farringdon for the chosen amount of days a week), or office-based. Quarterly visits to our main office in Farringdon, London, after Covid.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.